Choosing the right types of blinds for your home can feel overwhelming. There’s a lot to consider, from the aesthetic appeal to the suitability. You also need to keep an eye on your budget to ensure it all fits.
You don’t have to go it alone. As the Michigan window treatment experts, we know how to help our customers make the right choices. In this article, you’ll learn the pros and cons of some of the main types of blinds and the top considerations to ensure you choose the right one.
Types of Blinds
Faux Wood Blinds
- Faux wood blinds look like wood. They are composite materials featuring embossed wood grain.
- They come in a wide variety of colors.
- They are a top choice for kitchens and bathrooms because the synthetic materials can stand up better to humid conditions.
- They come in common sizes. Instead of filling out custom orders, you can pick them up from any home improvement store almost immediately.
- Faux wood blinds don’t have the richness and aesthetic appeal you get from high-end real wood blinds.
- They are also heavy and require a bit more pressure to control.
- Horizontal blinds allow better light control and direction. Closing the slats blocks up to 95% of incoming light, and you can choose different slat angles to achieve the right combination of privacy and light filtering.
- Horizontal blinds are easy to control.
- They fit in most spaces—as long as you choose the right color and material to complement the rest of the interior décor.
- Horizontal blinds get in the way if you have sliding doors, and you may also need to wait for custom orders if you have wide windows.
- Cleaning the horizontal slats takes longer because you have to clean each slat individually.
- These blinds don’t provide total light blackout, making them ill-suited for most bedrooms.
- Vertical blinds are excellent for wide windows and sliding doors because they open from side to side.
- The vertical position of the slats means they don’t accumulate a lot of dust, so they don’t require as much maintenance as other blind options.
- They are easy to control as most of them feature a simple cord for opening and closing the blinds.
- Vertical blinds with wide slats provide more protection from sunlight while adding more depth to the window.
- Vertical blinds feature gaps that make them a poor choice if you want complete privacy.
- The swinging action from opening and closing the blinds gets noisy.
- The regular swinging motion causes faster wear and tear.
- Wood blinds feature a luxurious and stylish appearance. The look of natural wood can elevate a space almost instantly.
- They come in a wide range of finishes and stains.
- They are lighter than most synthetic blinds, making them easier to control
- Wood blinds are not moisture-resistant, so they aren’t appropriate for bathrooms and kitchens.
- They are more expensive than other options.
How To Choose the Right Blinds
Do you want to choose the right blinds every time? These tips from the Michigan window treatment experts will help you make the decisions.
You need to know what you expect from your blinds. If you want a moisture-resistant blind that looks rich and offers excellent privacy, horizontal faux wood blinds may be perfect. If you want total blackout, other window treatments like shades or blackout curtains may be more suitable.
There are hundreds of design options to choose from when selecting blinds for your residential or commercial space. Consider the wider design theme when selecting the style and color of the blinds.
There are types of blinds for every budget. You don’t have to choose high-end real wood options with automated controls to enjoy the benefits of blinds. Simple horizontal plastic blinds can work just as well.
Do you have children? You need to choose blinds that feature child safety devices to avoid accidents.
Need Help with a Professional Blind Installation?
Do you need more guidance in choosing the right blinds? Do you need some help with installation? At Clear Fortress Window Solutions, we are always happy to assist. We are the Michigan window treatment experts you can trust for the perfect results.
Call Clear Fortress Window Solutions today at (248) 487-8283 to find the right type of blinds in Michigan. Let’s give you the exciting windows of your dreams.